r u a shiba? cuz i wanna be inu.
“How was your day?”
“Text me when you get home so I know you’re safe”
“How are you?”
“I hope you’re feeling better”
“Have a good day today!”
“I miss you”
“Can you come over?”
“Can I come over?”
“Can I see you?”
“Can I call you?”
“Want something to drink?”
“Watch your step”
“Let’s watch a movie”
“What are you up to?”
“How is your day so far?”
“It will be okay”
“I’m here for you”
“Do you need anything?”
“Are you hungry?”
“I just wanted to hear your voice”
“You just made my day”
You don’t have to hear “I Love You” to know that someone does. Listen carefully. People speak from the heart more often than you think.
- I feel like a bird with no feet. It feels great to fly but I can’t land.
- I’m just trying to learn how to accept tragedies as if they were paper cuts. Kind of sucks, but it will be okay.
- Young children with excellent mannerism alway make my day.
- I love picking flowers for Minh.
- I have everything anyone can ever ask for.
- My mother is sick.
- She has a paper cut in her heart.
- I can’t come down to help her. I can’t land.
- Minh presses every flower I give her.
- Flat gardens of love letters with no words…
- A girl with scars on the back of her legs often comes to the restaurant I work at. Her legs are noticeably small in proportion to her body. She limbs in all directions when she walks. As if they were made of straws. She’s about 15 and comes from a wealthy family. She’s full of thank you’s and pardon’s. Her smile is brighter than anyone I’ve ever met.
- She has paper cuts on her legs. But I know she’s flying. She doesn’t care about landing. She just looks forward.
- I asked Minh if her mom feels bad for her.
- She said, “Don’t you think her mom is more proud of her?”
- And it got me thinking…
- My mom wants me to keep flying.